WWE has a lot of things going, especially in a corporate sense, but the TKO Holdings Group deal had nothing to do with brutal segment on NXT a few weeks ago. Bron Breakker smashed Von Wagner’s skull with the steel ring steps, and there were even panicked roster members backstage during the stunt. That doesn’t mean this storyline will go on to see a new addition to the WWE main roster.
The alternate angle of that steep ring steps stunt revealed how they pulled off that trick for television. The fact that they blacked out the screen helped dramatically.
On this week’s NXT, they announced that Von Wagner suffered a fractured skull after that steep steps stunt. Of course, that is kayfabe, but some fans are wondering if this is a way to write Wagner off the developmental brand.
Ringside News reached out to inquire about possible plans for Von Wagner to make his way to the main roster. We were told by a tenured member of the creative team that, “no one has mentioned Von Wagner in any meeting” that they were a part of.
Von Wagner was one of the many free agents called during the 2023 WWE Draft. Since then, Wagner has been exclusively on NXT, but his free agent status could see him jump brands. His partnership with Robert Stone has also helped Wagner show even more dept to his character. They could a ready-made pair for RAW or SmackDown someday.
There could be plans for Von Wagner to make his way to RAW and SmackDown eventually, given his free agent status it seems very likely. That being said, it doesn’t appear that time is coming imminently.
What’s your take on Von Wagner’s potential in WWE? Is he a future World Champion? Sound off in the comments to let us know what you think!
September 16, 2023 9:49 am